Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What will I choose?

The morning is over. We are on lunch break. I have to say that it was not a great morning for this teacher. I can definitely tell that the school year is winding down for all of us and we are ready to be done....but there is so much yet to do before we can close the books on this school year and know that we finished our course! It is amazing to me the ups and downs that sneak into my day just in the course of a few hours....the downs of yelling at my son cuz the math just wasn't clicking and I really felt like it should be clicking....how many different ways can I explain the concept??? The ups of that same son coming to me an hour later having chosen his Bible for his Silent Reading time and asking me some questions about what he was reading. Which one will I choose to focus on? All too often I see the bars and not the stars. It really is a choice. Where will I let my mind dwell? I choose joy this morning! I will focus on the many many blessings my Lord has filled my life with and I choose to rejoice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! I have that many more years of going over and over school stuff with Isaac and Emma and trying to figure out why they are not getting it!! I too have caught myself getting on their case about not doing something right after I have gone over it umpteen times and realizing when it is too late to take a step back and realize they are only 4 and 5 years old. It is good to know I am not alone!
Good going on the blog thing! Maybe someday I will when homeschooling is not quite the stress that it is now with my lack of confidence in trying to figure out the whole schooling thing.

ChoosingJoy said...

Thanks for leaving the first comment on my blog!!! I have to say there is a lot of frustration ahead for you but there is much more joy and satisfaction!! There are times I wish I was starting over....next year it will just be Micah and me! Can't believe how fast it has flown by....I would not have traded those years for anything!! Enjoy!!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com